Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Me? Thoughts?

Published by cck at 2:01 PM

In response to Laurin's comment on the post about Emile below... Yeah, I have a few thoughts:

During my years as a South Carolina wannabe politico, I never deemed to degrade a Democratic candidate or the party in any way. I worked hard and long to propel the cause. I wanted us to win. And, more importantly, I wanted us to govern.

But, now - I'm not in South Carolina anymore. I can scream (although not many folks will care) that I don't like how our party is moving. Again, the LEFT DOESN'T WORK IN SOUTH CAROLINA. And, dare I say it? Dean didn't win the nomination for a reason -- and it wasn't the scream!!!

Okay, so - my opinion on Moore. I like the guy, yeah - I liked Frank Willis better, but I do like Moore. I think he even had a shot at winning the election. But, with both Democratic candidates, I wondered, did they really want it?
There's something slightly different about politicians. Some sort of super ego -- one that normal folks usually manage to dismantle sometime around their senior year of high school. I've seen it in friends, heck, I've seen it in myself. But - there's a certain bright sparkle that a candidate has. And, frankly, I'm not sure Moore has enough of it.

Yeah, he's personable and he has a long industrious history in the Senate. But, is that enough? Is that really enough? He has no plan people! He's a candidate and all he's got is anti-that. And that, that is not enough.

Pick an issue and find us a way to fix it. You did it in the Senate, Tommy, do it now. If you can't figure out a way to do it, start hiring people that can. And, my personal advice, don't listen to who the SCDP tells you to hire -- they haven't been doing too good of a job winning as late.

0 comments: