Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Meet George.

Published by cck at 6:31 PM

I woke up early this Sunday. Well, early-ish. It was gorgeous out -- bright blue skies and a cool constant breeze. I had a hankering for a newspaper and a brie&bacon sandwich from Gourmet Shop. Since I wasn't really within driving distance of Saluda - I made my own. I woke up the Sleeping Prince with a mimosa and we headed to Lake Ella. A cooler, a blanket and our puppy - we were set.


We had the St. Pete Times & the Tallahassee Democrat; I also had the newest version of Martha Stewart Weddings. I have always been a Martha fan -- and I still think she was wronged. More than that, MSWeddings has some really neat stuff in it. Of course, we estimated that the wedding magazine purchase total is somewhere around $50 in the two months that we've been engaged. Seriously - I have a stack at least a foot and a half high in the hall. Ha! What a racket! We decided that I would purchase no more wedding drivel. NONE! Not even if it has my dress/tiara/veil/shoes/dj/flowers on the cover. No more for me!

Well, I suppose our puppy George heard us and took it to heart. I was upstairs when I heard the oh-so-familiar sound of paper ripping. Chris went first - to warn me if it was bad. Yeah, George was ripping into the Martha Stewart Weddings -- my last wedding publication! Sigh. I'll live. He, however, might not!

_____
FYI: He is not named after any particular political figure per se. Chris calls him George W. I usually refer to him as George McGovern. Poor dog is going to have a complex and start refering to himself as Nader.

0 comments: