Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Khaki: The Color of the South

Published by cck at 9:42 AM

I'm sure, dear reader, that you are growing bored of my Florida-Isn't-The-Same-As-Carolina comments. Forgive me. It's just still a whole new world for me. I'm sure the visitor from Australia this morning has no idea what I'm talking about. However, since the majority of my readership resides within the borders of South Carolina - I might just continue whining about the incredible lack of shopping (and good taste) in Tallahassee.

Last week, I made my way to Dillard's to pick up some mascara. Walking by the men's clothing section, I saw a beacon -- a 75% off sign (more than one to tell the truth). I picked up a couple casual shirts, a polo shirt (egads!) and a few more pair of shorts. We've still got warm weather left down here.

CGK was so pleased with my purchases, he agreed to go back to Dillard's last night. OMG. I realized, since I'm the one doing laundry and running to the dry cleaners for both of us, that I was engaged to a man who did not own a single pair of khaki pants. Not one. HOW DID HE SURVIVE? More importantly, how did I fall in love with a man who has never worn khaki pants in my presence??? Must be his bowties.

The Love of my Life continues to assert that Florida is a Southern State. I disagree, adamently. If a man can get through life without a pair of khaki pants - it is clearly not a Southern State. Red, it may be, but Southern... well, let's just say it has a long way to go.

0 comments: