Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Smartest Girl in South Carolina.

Published by cck at 7:53 AM

I'm a huge fan of the LaurinLine. I think I visit Laurin Manning's commentary at least twenty two times a day. At least! I've known Miss Manning since high school. While I wasn't a Pee Dee resident, I meet Hartsville's star at Palmetto Girls State. We both rocked PGS 1998 with our amazing abilities and leadership skills. Ahem.

Okay, so during my several visits yesterday, I read and re-read the post Moore Suggestions. It's a great piece about Senator Moore and his campaign. I was talking to a friend of mine in DC - and we were both complaining that the Moore campaign is sitting on a golden opportunity and doing jack squat. There's no pizzazz, no magic. He is wasting a golden chance to unseat a Republican.

I worked for Hodges in 1998 - I remember the atmosphere. South Carolina was ready for change and I personally believe that our great state has been aching for it since. As Democrats, we should give South Carolinians what they want. I know, I know - we all thought that Sanford might be a different kind of politician... he just wan't the sort of politician that actually wanted to make a difference. (Arguing with the Legislature is SO much more productive).

But, I digress - I had a point somewhere... While Laurin is arguably one of the smartest gals I know, her policy analysis puts Moore in a tough spot. I think some of those ideas are brilliant. I wish Tommy Moore would adopt them. I wish Tommy Moore would put his ideas on billboards up and down the I-26 corridor and all over the state. However, at this point - due to the other LaurinLine-aholics - if he actually decides to have real issues for his campaign ---> It will look like he's taking policy advice from the LaurinLine. Policy advice from Laurin Manning, however would probably be more palatable.

I know the advent of blogging has changed politics. Hello! I live in Florida now - not Palm Beach, but I get it. I know that blogging gives the ability for ordinary citizens to influence the political process. And perhaps that is exactly what is going on. I could be totally wrong in my reaction here. Somehow, a politician that I am going to hire should grab his platform from somewhere other than a blog.

And, durn if the Repubs wouldn't have a field day with that one...

0 comments: